As of 28th May 2020 I am again available for face to face consultations and treatment in Crouch End, London N8. Please be assured that I will be following strict protocols from Public Health England, the General Osteopathic Council and the Institute of Osteopathy for screening and appropriate use of PPE. See below for full Infection Control measures. If you do not feel ready for face to face treatment, I am still available for video or telephone consultations, using processes developed during lockdown.
The global pandemic brought challenges for everyone. This period presented unique stresses, we all had to find new ways of living and attempting to go about our daily activities. There were new challenges too: responsibly keeping our social distance while going out, spending so much time enclosed at home with loved ones, being isolated from all direct human contact or separated from those we love.
Additionally, working from home could mean long hours in a less than ideal ergonomic set up, with new demands of how we work, and concerns about how or when we can return to “normal”. There has been a real growth of exercise classes online; from YouTube stars to local fitness professionals.
Due to the necessity of tackling the pandemic through distancing, there has been reduced access to GPs and Allied Health Professionals including Osteopaths. Fortunately, we have all become accustomed to tele/video-consultations, and these consultations can be very useful in coming to a provisional diagnosis, and particularly in ruling out more serious problems.
Musculo-Skeletal problems and injuries such as back pain, sciatica, neck and shoulder pain, hip and knee problems can be assessed through telephone or video consultation, and I can prescribe specific exercises. I will maintain offering this service to patients who do not feel able to attend the clinic.
Following strict protocols from Public Health England, the General Osteopathic Council and the Institute of Osteopathy, I have put the following infection control measures in place:
– Pre screening of patients before they arrive at the clinic to ensure anyone potentially exposed to the virus does not receive face to face treatment until all risks have passed
– In line with protocol I have full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including gloves, face masks and aprons
– All linen covers and towels have been removed from the treatment couches and our pillows are hygienic and pillow and couch will be wiped and disinfected between appointments
– Extra time allowed between appointments to maintain social distancing and allow time for disinfecting and cleaning
– Regular and thorough cleaning and disinfecting of all communal areas, door handles, card-machines and all other surfaces in the clinic.
As a healthcare provider the safety of my staff and patients is paramount.
The latest NHS advice on when you should stay at home (self-isolate) can be found here:
Should you have any further questions please contact me on 07969 360993
What we do
Brian O’Flynn works in North London and Hayes covering areas such as Crouch End, Muswell Hill, Bounds Green, Stroud Green, Finsbury Park, Southgate, Wood Green, East Finchley, Hayes and Uxbridge, with Osteopathy and Acupuncture Clinics in:
Crouch End, London N8 8PT
Wood Green, London N22 5HP
Hillingdon, Middx, UB10 0NF